Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking an Academic Professional in support of a new opportunity. The Academic Professional provides operations support to the military missions: to provide realistic joint and combined arms training focused on developing today’s war-fighters to create combat effective Soldiers and Leaders within the ranks of the United States Military for success on the 21st Century Battlefield.
Positions: Part-time positions available
Locations: TBD – USA
Academic Professional shall be able to deliver a series of region-specific lectures and discussions focused on providing a greater understanding of the historical, economic, and political events that have shaped the current operating environment found within the Arabian Peninsula. The Academic Professional should have prior experience working on a country team in the CENTCOM area of responsibility. Shall be able to interact with military forces in a professional manner and understand daily operations in an embassy. Academic Professional shall be able to display basic and advanced knowledge and understanding of military operations. There is no language requirement for this role. Clothing is business attire however weather dependent. Academic Professional will be required to work from 0800 to no later than 2200 and will be provided breaks between lectures as well as 90 minutes for lunch and dinner.
- Holder of a doctoral degree in a field related to the Middle East is strongly preferred.
- Served as a professor of Middle Eastern studies at a U.S. college or university is strongly preferred.
- Participated as a Fellow or Panel Expert on at least three occasions in fellowships or area studies focused on the strategic or policy concerns within the Arabian Peninsula is strongly preferred.
- It is preferred that the individual has written at least one book dealing with the Gulf States.
- It is preferred that the individual has have given Congressional Testimony at least once.
- It is preferred that the individual has have published no less than 20 Articles and Journal Publications.
Check Defense, LLC participates in E-Verify to determine an individual’s identity and employment eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify is a service of DHS and SSA. We are a small business Employer.