Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead. The Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead provides guidance and supervision of Heavy Equipment Operators as well as support services for the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) Program Management, Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM) at Ft. Liberty, NC. ITAM support enables management and maintenance of training land by integrating mission requirements with environmental requirements and sound land management practices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide heavy equipment operators with daily safety briefings and work assignments.
- Provide guidance and best courses of action to heavy equipment operators for daily operations.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and the associated safety precautions.
- Knowledge of the hazards and applicable safety rules and precautions in the operation of heavy motorized equipment.
- Operates heavy and light equipment.
- Repair, maintain, and reconstruct the training area lands at Fort Liberty, NC.
- Transverse access trails to training areas.
- Operate various diesel-powered motor vehicles, both wheeled and tracked, such as but not limited to graders, excavators, and bulldozers.
- Operate ground clearance machinery such as vegetation mulchers, agricultural tractors, tub grinders, pickup trucks, and four wheel-drive vehicles.
- Operate various towed and power-takeoff equipment: hydro-seeders, drill seeders, fertilizer spreaders, and pesticide sprayers.
- Operate various types of hand operated light equipment: chainsaws, brush saws, pruning saws, stump grinders.
- Safely operate articulating dump trucks, utility trucks, and trailers when needed.
- United States citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid US issued Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrated relevant experience operating heavy equipment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience conducting land management projects on a military installation or the North Carolina Sand Hills region.
- CDL-A endorsement
- Outdoors in various weather conditions
- Long workdays.
- Noise between 140db to 165db.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 70lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.