Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a Program Manager (PM) – contingent upon award in support of a new opportunity. The PM will be responsible for managing the customer relationships, needs, and expectations as well as driving the execution of the production program. The desired candidate must have good interpersonal skills to build and maintain a strong, trust-based, and transparent relationship with the customer, their Program Team, and the Senior Leadership Team. The PM provides operations support to the military missions: to provide realistic joint and combined arms training focused on developing today’s warfighters to create combat effective Soldiers and Leaders within the ranks of the United States Military for success on the 21st Century Battlefield.
Location(s): Fort Polk, Louisiana – USA
- Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program. The PM has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, contractual, performance and schedule aspects of the training program.
- Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed.
- Provide overall leadership to program team and ensure technical compliance.
- Acts as customer interface for program activities.
- Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
- Develops and manages performance metrics on assigned program to drive continuous improvement.
- Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
- Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and Quality.
- Develops strong customer relationships and cultivates customer intimacy.
- Acts as the primary customer interface.
- Develops and delivers presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders.
- Performs risk and opportunity management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Additional 4 years of applied experience can be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing mid to large size programs or similar work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Available to provide after-hours and/or weekend Program Management support as needed (on rare occasions).
- Ability to travel.
- Experience managing both CPFF, Labor Hour, and FFP contract types.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer relationships.
- Must be a US Citizen as you must be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Experience with USG FAR and DFAR regulations.
- Secret security clearance or higher.
- Certificate in Project Management or PMP certification.
- Direct work experience with Department of Defense Government, U.S. Army.
- Enlisted E-6 or higher, W-3 or 4 Chief Warrant Officer, 0-5 or higher Officer
Check Defense, LLC participates in E-Verify to determine an individual’s identity and employment eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify is a service of DHS and SSA. We are a small business Employer.