Check Defense is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager to lead business development and our strategy for a portfolio of Department of Defense (DOD) programs. The successful candidate will have the chance to lead new capture opportunities. Working on numerous projects per year, you will not only work on delivering the projects, capture strategy, developing the staff, and customer relationship management, but also identifying and shaping new opportunities to gain future work with each client. This individual will work closely with the Check Defense leadership team, as well as industry and government partners to run all aspects of your assigned pursuits.
- Strong knowledge of DOD and Special Operations Forces (SOF) market, including understanding the missions, cultures, organizational components, and challenges of respective government agencies.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in business development delivering complex DOD and SOF services/solutions to the US Federal Government.
- Expertise in networking and relationships, building winning teams, developing win strategies, supporting Price to Win (PTW) efforts, driving technical strategy development, and delivering differentiated bids.
- Proven experience in program/project planning, tracking, analysis, team organization, subcontract management, risk planning, customer coordination, and briefing senior management.
- Track record of managing cost, schedule, and performance of projects.
- Excellent communication skills for directing technical resources, reporting progress, and reviewing technical documents.
- Successful record of winning Government contracts and strong relationships within the DOD and SOF business community.
- Proven success in winning single-award deals in the US Federal Government and SOF within the past 8 years.
- Strong initiative, ability to work well in a team environment, and exceptional organizational and time- management skills.
- Strong public speaking, analytical, and negotiating skills.
- Design, build, and execute the growth strategy within focused accounts, collaborating closely with leadership and delivery leads.
- Build opportunity pipelines and capture based on successful engagement with government contacts, customer knowledge, and industry partnerships.
- Lead and support the discovery and nurturing of targeted opportunities and customers as part of the Business Development team.
- Develop new strategies to capture and increase business in core government agencies.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with industry and federal government leaders in target accounts.
- Respond to and manage the response to all business development opportunities within your portfolio. Maintain a repository pipeline and capture activities, keeping leadership informed with weekly meetings.
- Coordinate with and manage Sources Sought, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for proposals (REPs) throughout the business development lifecycle.
- Participate in industry conferences, industry days, and related events to market Check Defense and identify potential service opportunities and partnerships.
- Proven success in building partnerships with government agencies and industry stakeholders.
- Consistent track record of capturing opportunities and winning proposals in the DOD, SOF, and professional services market.
- Existing relationships with government stakeholders in Check Defense’s target accounts.
- Familiarity with Best-in-Class contract vehicles (e.g., GSA, OASIS).
- Experience in leading and winning opportunities associated with joint ventures (JV), contractor teaming arrangements or other teaming structures. Ability to present sophisticated marketing and technical content to customers.
- Full-time with the ability to travel: 30%
- Business development: 8-10 years (Required)
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field (preferred).