Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking Government Contracts Manager that will be responsible for managing a portfolio of US Government contracts and proposals support within the Department of Defense (DOD). The role is responsible for prime, subcontract management, administration, federal business, pursuit evaluation, audit support, negotiation contracts, subcontract management, SAM/WAWF/CMMC registration, business certification, reporting and product delivery for contracts. As necessary, assists project/program managers and site leads with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), regional law and regulation interpretation and interfaces with clients’ contracting officer or specialist on contractual issues. This role is also open to all locations in the U.S.
Contracts Manager, Remote USA: Must have direct relevant experience administering prime and subcontracts for a US firm contracting directly with the US Federal Government. Ideal candidate is a creative out of the box thinker with an entrepreneurial mind set who is driven to set and accomplish goals with little management over site. This position will have the opportunity to experience all facets of the contracts management job, beyond traditional contract administration, to include: writing and administrating small business plans, proposal support, IDIQ management, working with multiple legal entities, side by side working with the subcontracts team, writing contracts policy, revising other functional departments policy, administering GSA MAS contracts, writing teaming agreements, Non-Disclosers Agreements, supporting other transactional authority and other non-FAR based proposal and contract awards.
This is a remote position; the selected candidate must be capable of working effectively in a remote working environment with little to no direct leadership oversight or supervision. Must have experience and be successful at managing multiple small, medium to large sized prime contracts and new business proposals simultaneously. This position will have an opportunity to contribute to the establishment and revision of company contracts management policy and must have a thorough working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS.
Individual should be a knowledgeable professional in contracts management and an independent forward-thinking contributor to the team. Ability to work quickly and efficiently, without error, in a fluid work environment with frequently adjusting priorities that may include new taskings with little to no advance notice. Experience communicating effectively with executives and leadership. Contracts Manager is responsible for the entire contracts life cycle, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legal guidelines, FAR/DFARS clauses, and customer requirements.
Supports all internal and external audits and provides program support to both internal and external customers. Provides management with contractual guidance while exercising sound ethical and professional judgment within a broadly defined best practice and written policy structure. Responsible for protecting company legal and financial interest during all discussions and interactions with customers and teaming partners.
- Desired experience supporting various contract vehicles (IDIQ contracts, GSA MAS, ITES3S, STARS, CIOSP3, RS3, etc.).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage full life-cycle prime and subcontract activities, including developing, negotiating, administering, and closing out Government and teaming partners contracts and task orders.
- Support new business proposals, leading all contractual sections to include writing proposal text, completing reps and certs, cover letters and negotiations.
- Negotiates and executes contract documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate potential solutions. Implements operational decisions of program management.
- Evaluate/monitor contract performance to determine necessity for modifications or extensions of contracts.
- Handle multiple contract actions with short turn-around times in fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain contract files in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Operate with a customer-service perspective that demonstrates the values of the company and the organization.
- Exercise sound business judgment in evaluation of contract risks and impacts.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Lead the development of prime and subcontract flow down documents for subcontracts and works closely with the Subcontract Administrator assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities, consent requirements, and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Functionally skilled in Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with: FAR, DFARS, other agency supplements, applicable U.S. laws and regulations.
- Experience working with a variety of contract types such as Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ).
- Possesses analytical and interpersonal skills in order to perform the job.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal technical staff, peers, and management, as well as externally with customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be deadline driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have strong problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills/techniques.
- Must be able to take ownership of work/tasks assigned and see them through completion.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies.
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years direct relevant experience administering contracts for a US firm contracting directly with the US Federal Government.
- Bachelors Degree or higher, preferrebly with a background in business management, finance, accounting, or other related field
** Ability to receive a Top-Secret clearance
Location: • Remote USA.
Check Defense an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws.