Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Engagement Skills Trainer II 2000 Instructor. The Engagement Skills Trainer II 2000 Instructor provides instructional support and training services to Soldiers and Government employees on Basic Rifle Marksmanship This role is ideal for individuals with extensive knowledge of firearms and a desire to help our military personnel enhance their marksmanship skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible to develop, teach, and provide instructions for use as the qualified EST II 2000 instructor/system operator, for the most current versions of Engagement Skills Training II, to include its other associated and non-associated weapons training simulators (i.e., Laser Marksmanship Training Systems and Low-Cost Advance Target Senior.
- Instruct and train operation tasks for the EST II to Soldiers and Government employees on Basic Rifle Marksmanship IAW DA PAM 350-38 and certified or approved ESTII Program of Instruction (POI).
- Prepare, evaluate, and deliver assigned instruction IAW The U.S. Army Learning Concept for Training and Education to include differentiated instruction, available operational instructional materials, training aids, and systems.
- Qualify and provide training certification and recertification for new instructors and Instructor/System Operators.
- Qualify, certify, and train the trainer to satisfactorily perform or conduct the training of other military personnel utilizing the EST II and facilities.
- Provide remedial training and special assistance when necessary.
- Operate the computer control station to control training sequencing and video/audio playback functions, including performing duties based upon manufacturer’s diagram and specifications, schematic and wiring diagram.
- Load all scheduled preventive maintenance into the TS-MATS web-based program IAW -10 operation and maintenance procedures required for the EST II.
- Perform daily maintenance and ensure cleanup of the EST II training facility.
- United States citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid US issued Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a background investigation. Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experience working in both individually and in team groups all consistent with the organizational goals.
- Indoors in varying light conditions
- Exposure to bright flashes of light.
- Noise between 50db to 165db.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, and sitting.
- Required to stoop under or squat, kneeling, and crouching.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 35lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position is contingent on contract award