Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking professional employees who can create and simulate today’s complex modern Battlefield as Firemarkers in support of Battlefield Effects (BFE) operations at National Training Center (NTC) Fort Irwin, CA. Firemarkers provide continuous 24-hour support during NTC rotations as designated by the training plan to provide realistic joint and combined arms training focused on developing today’s warfighters to create combat effective Soldiers and Leaders within the ranks of the United States Military for success on the 21st Century Battlefield.
Positions: Part-time/Full-time/Interim positions available.
Security Clearance Level: *Secret Clearance Desired
Location: Fort Irwin, CA
Job Description: The BFE Firemarker I position will provide annual mission support services for up to ten (10) rotational Brigade Combat Team (BCT) training events, with potential for unscheduled training events each year at the NTC. BFE integration into mission support services is vital to the NTC mission and services must be provided on time.
Battlefield Effects Firemarker I – Requirements:
- Must be US Citizen
- 4+ years prior military experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with electronics. performing functional checks, diagnostics on circuits using test equipment, performing repairs on cabling circuit boards, and reading of schematics to ensure proper connectivity.
- Must be able to perform land navigation and map reading, using GPS devices, compass, and terrain features.
- Able to coordinate required actions with Peers and Training units.
- Able to wear Kevlar helmet and/or IBA as required, ability to lift 35 pounds, perform duties, travel in extreme weather conditions and at height (helicopter travel, mountain tops, elevated walk areas and towers).
- Must have a Valid State issued Driver’s license to include/ability to obtain a Class A/C with Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) Endorsement.
- Basic understanding and ability to communicate using radio telecommunications.
- Must pass background checks and meet access requirements set by the NTC Security Office and the Department of Defense (DOD).
- Self-directed and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision.
- Operate and maintain military vehicle.
- Use Night Vision Goggles (NVG’s) during limited visibility operations.
- 40-hour Pyrotechnics Training
- Military Driver’s License
- Night Vision Drivers Training
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Training
- Medical Evaluation
- Ammo 45 Class/Certification
- Basic knowledge of Army tactical doctrine.
- Possess basic computer skills-email, draft reports, and create spreadsheets. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Driving experience in adverse desert conditions
- Familiarity with the NTC rotational training areas
- This job does not require travel outside the local area.
Check Defense, LLC participates in E-Verify to determine an individual’s identity and employment eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify is a service of DHS and SSA. We are a small business Employer.