Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Geographic Information System (GIS) Range Support Specialist at the National Training Center (NTC). As a GIS Specialist supporting Range Operations at Check Defense, you will be an integral part of our team responsible for ensuring the effective utilization of geospatial data in planning and executing range operations. You will work closely with range management, military personnel, and other stakeholders to provide GIS support that enhances the safety and success of operations. The GIS will work within the Army Sustainable Range Program encompassing Range Operations, Modernization, preparing and staffing Range Danger Zone (SDZ), Range Complex Master Plan tool (RCMPT), Army Range Requirements Model (ARRM), Installation Range Complex Master Plan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct geospatial analysis to support range operation planning and execution, including land use assessment, terrain analysis, and risk assessment.
- Operating RFMSS (range facility management support system) or similar logistics and facility management software.
- Utilize GIS software and tools (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS) to develop geospatial products and analysis.
- Collect and maintain geospatial data, ensuring its accuracy, relevance, and availability for range operations.
- Collaborate with range operators and other relevant departments to understand GIS requirements and deliver solutions that meet their needs.
- Practical knowledge of tactical target applications and associated equipment functions.
- United States citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in GIS software, including ArcGIS and QGIS
- Strong understanding of geospatial analysis and data management.
- Familiarity with terrain analysis, land use assessments, and risk modeling.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must pass Defensive Driver’s Course and obtain military driver’s license with 30 days.
- Performing information gathering in austere environments.
- Exposure to varying desert temperatures and inclement weather patterns.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award