Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Health Safety Environment/Quality Control Manager at Weed Army Community Hospital at the National Training Center (NTC). The Health Safety Environment/ Quality Control Manager is responsible to lead our team in ensuring the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental sustainability by ensuring that all contract and subcontract personnel follow the requirements of the Quality Control Plan and Safety Plan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the quality control management program.
- Reports all findings directly to the Program Manager (PM).
- Shall be present on-site, at a minimum, during normal duty hours, (0900 to 1800) and be on-call 24/7/365, return to site within one hour of any emergency situation.
- Develop, implement, and monitor health and safety programs and policies to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Conduct regular safety audits and inspections, monitoring the performance of the QC activities in all other work centers covered by the contract, utilizing computerized maintenance management system for reporting.
- Provide remedial training as necessary to the responsible personnel.
- Submit a USACE Prime Contractor Monthly Record of Work-Related Injuries and Exposure Hours no later than (NLT) ten (10) calendar days after the end of the reporting month.
- Has full authority to act for Check Defense on all Quality and Safety matters relating to daily operation of the Task Order.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the safety management program.
- Establish and maintain quality control standards and procedures to meet or exceed industry and customer requirements. Monitor product quality and implement process improvements for all aspects of the management and administration of the program.
- Performs work order inspections IAW frequencies as specified in TO SOW 2.1.1.c (100% Emergencies, 10% Scheduled/Unscheduled).
- Monitors the performance of all QC activities including work order quality inspections (scheduled and random) documented in DMLSS QC program IAW TO SOW 2.1.1.s
- Stay current with all relevant health, safety, environmental, and quality control regulations and standards.
- Conduct Safety and Quality Training as required and as needs are identified.
- Lead investigations into workplace incidents, near-misses, and accidents, and implement corrective and preventive actions to mitigate future risks.
- Perform regular visits to work areas checking for AHA adherence and any safety violations or work that is not being performed IAW AHAs or safety regulations.
- Assigns RAC levels to work orders (TO SOW 2.1.1.i).
- Develops, implements, and assures that all staff, contractors, and subcontractors adhere to the Site Safety & Health Plan.
- Designates alternate SSHOs, DRs, or CPs as required by the AHA when work is performed after hours.
- Will attain/maintain Environmental Compliance Officer certification.
- United States citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (HSE, Quality Management, Environmental Science, etc.)
- Proven experience in a similar HSEQ management role, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- In-depth knowledge of health, safety, environmental, and quality control standards and practices.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Indoors, in a hospital environment.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Exposure to commonly associated hospital hazards.
- On-call 24/7/365.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely in a hospital environment.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 35lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position contingent upon contract award