Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking Media on the Battlefield (MOB) professionals who can create and simulate today’s complex modern Battlefield in support of a new opportunity at Fort Irwin, CA. The MOBs provide operations support to the National Training Center (NTC) mission: to provide realistic joint and combined arms training focused on developing today’s warfighters to create combat effective Soldiers and Leaders within the ranks of the United States Military for success on the 21st Century Battlefield.
Positions: Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Security Clearance Level: *Secret Clearance Desired
Location: Fort Irwin, CA
Job Description: Media on the Battlefield is used to provide realistic Media pressure on the joint and combined Arms Force. Provide live broadcasted Commander interviews of Rotational Training Unit and daily live news broadcasts. INN support shall collect and provide digital and audio data from the training environment for the creation of training material. Create pamphlets, posters, newspapers, press releases and assist the appropriate NTC staff with the operation of a training blog, website, propaganda videos and other social media outlets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Experience in lieu of Media education).
- Must be able to pass a Background check.
- Must have a Valid US issued Driver’s license.
- Must be able to develop questions pertaining to the immediate information provided in any given scenario.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- May be required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneel, crouch, and move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Must be able to wear Kevlar helmet and/or Individual body armor as required, lift 35 lbs., perform duties in extreme weather conditions and at various heights (Mountain tops, Helicopter, elevated walk areas and towers).
- Operate the fielded Audio and Video systems, conduct interviews and perform live broadcasts.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of media, public affairs, and social media operations.
- Create videos for training support for the rotational unit.
- Maintain one professional interview station.
- Perform live broadcasted interviews with rotational unit commanders.
- Perform daily live news broadcasts.
- 4+ years Military background.
- Basic knowledge of Army tactical doctrine.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance – may be required for some positions.
- Type at least 40 words per minute.
- Job requires periodic travel lasting up to seventeen (17) days to Ft. Irwin, CA.
Check Defense, LLC participates in E-Verify to determine an individual’s identity and employment eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify is a service of DHS and SSA. We are a small business Employer.