Required Clearance: Active Secret
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Part Time On-Call (PTOC) Surge Analyst to support the Joint Pacific Multinational Readiness Capability (JPMRC) at Fort Shafter, Hawaii. The Part-Time On-Call Surge Analyst play a crucial role in providing surge support during training exercises serving as combat, combat support, or combat service support Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during JPMRC Brigade level exercise at Schofield Barracks, Hi, Yakima Training Site (YMS) near Yakima, WA, and Donnelly Training Area (DTA) near Ft. Greely, AK. The Surge Analysts provides necessary background and skills to facilitate the smooth flow of doctrinally correct information between EXCON Headquarters elements and the Rotational Training Unit (RTU). The role of the Surge Analyst is to ensure that our military units receive the highest level of training readiness.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be on-call and available to respond to surge support requests during training exercises, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Perform as subject matter expert (SME) providing real-time analysis and feedback during training exercises to enhance training effectiveness.
- Operate the ITACSS system to providing necessary data and input concerning tactical exercise flow and specific events.
- Generate charts/graphs and reports for daily training exercise events.
- Maintain current on all required on-line training.
- Communicate without error on tactical/observer controller radios.
- Familiar with MDMP and Army After Action Review process.
- Ensure Commander’s Training Objectives (CTO) are accomplished, and if not, perform investigation to determine the reason.
- Gather detailed data for input to both the Middle Rotational AAR (MIDRO), the Final AAR and the Take Home Package (THP).
- United States citizen.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Flexibility and the ability to work on an on-call, part-time basis.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years military active duty, USAR, or NG service.
- Minimum of three (3) years Combat or Combat Training Center (CTC) experience. CTC experience preferably as OC/T at Joint Pacific Multi-National Readiness Center (JPMRC).
- Outdoors in various weather conditions
- Noise between 140db to 165db.
- Work in rough and remote terrain; in weather extremes such as thunderstorms, high heat, humidity, severe cold, and wind.
- Work in the proximity of military training exercises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 30lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position contingent upon contract award