Job function: Polish Foreign Language Speaker (FLS)
Location: Ft. Cavazos, TX
Employment type: Part-time
Security Clearance: N/A
Job description: Check Defense, LLC a fast-growing federal contractor, is seeking Polish foreign language speaking cultural role players in the Ft. Cavazos, TX area to support on-going training exercises. Foreign language speaking cultural role players shall replicate various positions and groups of people in possible situations units may face during deployments. Foreign language speaking cultural role players support the training effort for U.S. military, DOD, and other federal government agency personnel in support of Theater Specific Individual Readiness Training (TSIRT) and pre-deployment unit collective training in accordance with published training guidance at designated training sites located at Fort Hood Army Installation, Texas.
- Wear assigned wardrobe and safety equipment while responding accordingly based on the scenario.
- Deliver a realistic performance based on the scenario objectives for training; prohibited from any deviation from the training scenario without guidance from the training site manager.
- Stand on feet and lay prone for long periods of time.
- Able to write and speak in clear, correct, and concise grammar with native fluency in the required language and be proficient in English to communicate effectively with the trainers.
- Communicate customs and cultural mores to training units and assist training units to understand the issues they shall face in theater by effectively portraying the specific roles.
- Must pass a background check.
- Preferred at least 1 year of previous role player experience in a similar capacity.
- Should be reasonably physically healthy and fit and able to participate in mildly strenuous exercise, work requires long periods of standing and walking.
- Willing to be “on call” and available when needed, shall follow simple instructions from on-site military personnel in the performance of their assignments.
- Adhere to a no cell phone, no smoking, and no tobacco products policy during training.
- Outdoors in various weather conditions
- Noise between 50db to 165db.
- Work in rough and remote terrain; in weather extremes such as thunderstorms, high heat, and humidity, severe cold and wind.
- Work in the proximity of military training exercises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 70lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.