Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Range Sustainment Worker I. A Range Sustainment Worker I is responsible for ensuring the effective maintenance and upkeep of live fire shooting ranges and associated facilities. This role involves a variety of tasks related to range maintenance, safety, and environmental compliance. Range Sustainment Workers I work as part of a team to ensure that the shooting ranges are safe, clean, and well-maintained, providing an optimal environment for users. Areas of work may include equipment, buildings, facilities and grounds, and associated components requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical work, and grounds maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs range sustainment grounds maintenance to include cutting of grass and maintenance of berms, firing points, and other range associated grounds.
- Operates machinery and equipment used for range maintenance, such diesel- and gas-powered riding mowers, push mowers, trimmers, associated hand tools,tow trailers, load materials, or equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs on shooting range equipment, targets, and facilities.
- Ensure proper functioning of safety mechanisms and equipment.
- Implement and maintain practices to minimize environmental impact.
- United States citizen.
- Must pass a background check.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience performing Range Sustainment Work.
- Possess a valid US state issued driver’s license.
- Must have prior experience operating mowers (regular and zero turn) under 2000 pounds and weed eaters.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds in a single lift.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Walk long distances to clear vegetation for land navigation points.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award