Required Clearance: N/A
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Range Sustainment Worker II. A Range Sustainment Worker II is responsible for ensuring the effective maintenance and upkeep of live fire shooting ranges and associated facilities. This role involves a variety of tasks related to range maintenance, safety, and environmental compliance. Range Sustainment Workers II work as part of a team to ensure that the shooting ranges are safe, clean, and well-maintained, providing an optimal environment for users. Areas of work may include equipment, buildings, facilities and grounds, and associated components requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical work, and grounds maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs range sustainment grounds maintenance to include cutting of grass and maintenance of berms, firing points, and other range associated grounds.
- Wearing assigned safety gear (PPE) appropriately and following OSHA mandated protocols.
- Safely operate gasoline or diesel-powered tractors to tow trailers and/or pull-out objects embedded in ground.
- Fasten attachments such as graders, plows, rollers, mowers (over 2000 lbs.), seeders, and disc harrows to tractor, adjust equipment for proper operation, lubricate and make minor repairs to tractor and attachments such as tightening bolts, and replacing washers, cotter pins, and screws.
- Operate equipment from one place to another, on both improved and unimproved roads in inclement weather conditions.
- Operate agricultural tractors with front end bucket loader, 20′ batwing mower deck, bush hog cutter, related mowing implements in rough terrain.
- Perform equipment maintenance and safety inspections prior to daily use.
- Operate other implements such as mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws to ensure range facilities are maintained.
- Maintain equipment at the operator level which includes conducting before, during, and after operations checks for serviceability, applying lubrication IAW manufacturer equipment manuals, and ensuring equipment is turned in to higher-level maintenance for scheduled services.
- Report equipment breakdowns, schedule maintenance for all equipment and request additional equipment as needed.
- Follow installation safety regulations.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs on shooting range equipment, targets, and facilities.
- Implement and maintain practices to minimize environmental impact.
- United States citizen.
- Must pass a background check.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience performing as a Range Sustainment Worker I.
- Possess a valid US state issued driver’s license.
- Must have prior experience operating mowers (regular and zero turn) under 2000 pounds and weed eaters.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds in a single lift.
- Outdoors in various weather conditions
- Noise between 140db to 165db.
- Work in rough and remote terrain; in weather extremes such as thunderstorms, high heat, humidity, severe cold, and wind.
- Work in the proximity of unexploded ordinance.
- Work in the proximity of military training exercises.
- Exposure to stinging and biting insects, ticks, spiders, venomous snakes, poisonous plants, spines, and thorns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, sitting, and driving a motor vehicle.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award