Required Clearance: Active Secret
Check Defense is a fast-growing federal contractor seeking a qualified and experienced professional Video Technician to support the Joint Pacific Multinational Readiness Capability (JPMRC) at Fort Shafter, Hawaii. The Video Technicianplays a crucial role in capturing, editing, and managing video content that is essential for training exercises and mission readiness.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide the overall audio video support for the Joint Pacific Multinational Readiness Capability (JPMRC) Strategic Planning Capability and Support Services.
- Conduct introductory training for augmentation personnel.
- Maintain and manage video and audio equipment to ensure optimal functionality.
- Manage combat camera augmentation personnel supporting exercises.
- Design graphic products (exercise posters and pamphlets) for JPMRC.
- Operate Cannon video cameras, recording equipment, and associated technology to capture training exercises and mission-related activities.
- Collaborate with training teams to capture key moments and critical scenarios during exercises.
- Process raw imagery,managing 4K video production workflows and designing and producing THP physical products to edit and enhance video content to ensure high-quality, effective training materials.
- Perform postproduction techniques using Adobe Photoshop, Light room, Bridge, and Premiere Pro.
- Stay up to date with emerging video technology trends to improve training capabilities.
- United States citizen.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Film, or related field or five (5) years of relevant experience as a video technician, videographer, or similar role in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in operating video cameras, editing software, and related equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for capturing high-quality video content.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Flexibility to work during training exercises, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Primarily in an office environment.
- Occasional outdoors in various weather conditions
- Noise between 50db to 165db.
- Work in rough and remote terrain; in weather extremes such as thunderstorms, high heat, and humidity, severe cold and wind.
- Work in the proximity of military training exercises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Do repetitive tasks.
- Requires frequently standing, walking, and sitting.
- Required to climb or balance, stoop under or squat, kneeling, crouching, and able to move quickly and safely across all types of terrain.
- Able to reach with your hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Lifting: frequently lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Vision: required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position contingent upon contract award